Combo dessert soup- Chè thưng
Recipe: Combo dessert soup- Chè thưng
By Helen Le Published: January 10, 2018
- Prep: 40 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 mins
Che Thung is a popular Vietnamese sweet soup with coconut milk soup base and various kinds of beans, lotus seeds, and peanuts etc. There is also another dessert called Che Ba Ba, which is very much similar, and many people think that they are just different names for the same dessert. But actually Che Baba calls for roots like sweet potatoes, taro and cassava, while che thung calls for mostly various kinds of beans.
- 150 g Peeled split mung beans
- 100 g dried navy bean soaked overnight
- 90 g dried raw peanuts soaked overnight
- 135 g lotus seeds
- 50 g caster sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- pandan leaves
- 2 cups water
- 250 g rock sugar
- 50 g tapioca strips soaked 15 minutes in water
- 20 g tapioca pearls
- 10 g dried woodear mushroom soaked 15 minutes
- 10 g dried shredded seaweed soaked 15 minutes
- baking soda
- Firstly, in a saucepan, cook the dried beans and nuts together. Fresh beans are cooked faster, abt 20-30 minutes. So after cooking the dried beans and peanuts for 20 minutes, I add some fresh beans and continue cooking for another 25 minutes. You can add some baking soda to speed up the cooking process.
- Drain the beans and discard the water. Mix the beans with 50g sugar to sweeten them.
- Combine the lotus seeds with 2 cups water and boil for 20-25 minutes under low heat till tender but still in shape. Add the rock sugar and simmer for a couple of minutes so the lotus seeds are well sweetened.
- Cook the tapioca strips for about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to an ice cold water bowl.
- Cook the tapioca pearls for about 3 minutes. Then cover the lid and take off heat. Leave to sit in the hot water for 20 minutes.
- In another large saucepan, cook the soaked mung beans with 3 cups water for 12 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Now combine the lotus seed soup to the mung bean soup, add the cooked beans and coconut milk. Tie up a few pandan leaves and add to the pot for fragrance. You can also use vanilla to substitute.
- Finally add the woodear mushroom and seaweed which I have soaked in cold water for 15 minutes, rinsed and shredded. Also add the tapioca strips and tapioca pearls. Add some salt to milden the sugar taste. Bring to a boil again.
A bitcoin-related gaming and discussion platform with a great range of amazing quests and games. Consequently, a http://topbitcoincasino.info is a type of casino which implements. Along with interesting features like a huge arena and offerwalls, it provides immediate withdrawal of units through FaucetHub.
How does https://blockchaincasinos.online/ work? Very soon the FairWin company will!
A relatively new BTC-related discussion and entertainment platform that is quickly winning over users. Its huge plus is a no-fee withdrawal system. However, the game range deserves attention and could be topped up with new units.