ỐC OM CHUỐI ĐẬU – Escargot Stew with Green Banana and Tofu
ỐC OM CHUỐI ĐẬU - Escargot Stew with Green Banana and Tofu
By Helen Le Published: April 6, 2021
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 46 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
Facebook: www.facebook.com/helenrecipes Youtube: www.youtube.com/HelenRecipes Instagram: www.instagram.com/helenrecipes Cộng …
- 400 g snail (escargot)
- 250 g pork belly sliced
- 3 pc green banana cut into 5-cm pieces, soaked in salt water
- 2 pc tofu cubed, fried
- 5 pc perilla leaf cut into strips
- 10 pc piper lolot cut into strips
- 1 tbsp stock powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 pc asian shallots sliced
- 1 sprig scallion chopped
- 1 pc fresh turmeric minced
- In a bowl, combine escargot with 1 tablespoon stock powder, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper. Leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, season pork belly with 1 tablespoon stock powder, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper. Leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In a pot, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil and fry shallot and turmeric over medium heat until fragrant. Add the pork, sauté over low heat, stir constantly, for about 2 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink. Remove and add escargot. Stir for 1 minute, then return the pork to the pot. Add 1,5 liter water and the banana slices. Simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- To enhance flavor, in a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon Vietnamese fermented shrimp paste with 1/2 cup water. Stir to dissolve and leave to sit for 15 minutes to settle the dregs. Extract the clear broth and pour into the pot. Discard the dregs.
- After 20 minutes, add the tofu into the stockpot and continue simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, top with the chopped herbs. Enjoy!
Cộng đồng nấu nướng cùng Helen: NẤU GÌ GIỜ?
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!