Gà xào sả ớt – Lemongrass chili chicken
Gà xào sả ớt - Lemongrass chili chicken
By Helen Le Published: October 23, 2012
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
This dish can be served with hot steamed rice or as a drinking food.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1 tbsp minced lemongrass, 1 tbsp minced garlic, the fish sauce, sugar, red chili, and salt. Add chicken and mix well. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- In a large wok/pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry 1 tbsp minced lemongrass and 1 tbsp minced garlic till fragrant. Then add in the marinated chicken and stir well until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Cover the lid and cook under medium heat for 5-10 minutes dependingon the chicken type and size.
- Open the lid and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion wedges and stir for 1-2 more minutes until the onion turns quite translucent. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with more chili flakes or corriander. Served with hot steamed rice(or with beer as drinking snack)
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!