Gà xào sả ớt – Lemongrass chili chicken
Gà xào sả ớt - Lemongrass chili chicken
By Helen Le Published: October 23, 2012
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
This dish can be served with hot steamed rice or as a drinking food.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1 tbsp minced lemongrass, 1 tbsp minced garlic, the fish sauce, sugar, red chili, and salt. Add chicken and mix well. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- In a large wok/pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry 1 tbsp minced lemongrass and 1 tbsp minced garlic till fragrant. Then add in the marinated chicken and stir well until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Cover the lid and cook under medium heat for 5-10 minutes dependingon the chicken type and size.
- Open the lid and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion wedges and stir for 1-2 more minutes until the onion turns quite translucent. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with more chili flakes or corriander. Served with hot steamed rice(or with beer as drinking snack)