Grilled Beef in Caul Fat – Bò nướng mỡ chài
Grilled beef in caul fat - Bò nướng mỡ chài
By Helen Le Published: January 3, 2021
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
Grilled Beef in Caul Fat - Watch how to make it on Youtube
- Marinate ground beef with 1tbsp dice onion , 1tbsp chopped lemongrass, salt , pepper , sugar , stock powder , five-spice powder. Leave for 1 hour to marinate.
- Rub the caul fat with salt, rinse clean and leave to dry. Cut the caul fat into hand-size rectangles. Caul fat is the thin membrane which surrounds the stomach of the pig. The piece of caul fat stretches out with very beautiful floral pattern.
- Spread the piece of caul fat on the cutting board, put the marinated ground beef in the middle and and roll up like a spring roll.
- Put into an air fryer or grill on grill stove at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes .
- For the sauce: Mix 2tbsp fish sauce, 2tbsp sugar, 8tbsp water, 2tbsp lime juice. Stir until dissolve. Finely chop garlic and chilli and drop in the sauce with pickles (pickled papaya and carrot slices) to float.
- Serve with banh hoi (rice vermicelli), vegetable and sauce. Dab some scallion oil and sprinkle some beans. Roll with lettuce and coriander, dip in sauce.
Grilled Beef in Caul Fat – Watch how to make it on Youtube
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!