Nộm Hoa Chuối – Banana Blossom Salad
Nộm Hoa Chuối - Banana Blossom Salad
By Helen Le Published: March 25, 2021
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
Banana blossoms are treated like a vegetable in many Asian cuisines and have a slightly bitter flavour. Today Helen gonna make some BANANA BLOSSOM SALAD, a perfect dish for summer day.
- Wash and drain banana blossom. Detach the outer layers and remove the cluster of florets. Stack the layers and roll up, then very finely slice. Soak in a large bowl of water to prevent discoloring.
- Thinly slice pork. Peel and devein shrimp, cut lengthwise in half.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush garlic, chilli with sugar, add 3 tbsp fish sauce, juice from 1 lime, adjust as desired.
- Season pork and shrimp separately with some minced shallot, stock power, fish sauce and pepper. Mix well.
- Fry the shallot in peanut oil until light brown and crispy, stir fry pork for 3 minutes or until the meat is cooked, make some space in the center and then add shrimp in and toss to well over high heat.
- In a big bowl, place banana blossom, shredded carrots, pork, shrimp and chopped mint. Drizzle some sauce and toss to mix well. Transfer to a plate and garnish with some crushed peanut & fried shallot. You can serve with come prawn crackers if desired.
Banana Blossom Salad – Watch how to make it on Youtube