Fish sauce glazed pork belly- Thịt rang cháy cạnh
Recipe: Fish sauce glazed pork belly- Thịt rang cháy cạnh
By Helen Le Published: December 5, 2017
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
Fish sauce glazed pork belly becomes a tasty addition to family meals. Although the fish sauce amount is much less now, this is still one of the dishes that really make you want to eat a lot of rice. The ingredients are nothing extraordinary, the cooking is very easy as well, and the finished dish is so delicious.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and par-boil the pork with some salt and vinegar for about 4 minutes. This helps to get rid of the residues and bad smell in the meat and also keep it in form.
- Then remove, rinse under cold water and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then slice thinly, but not too thin.
- In a large wok, add 1 tbsp oil or pan and add the shallot and scallion, white part first, toss well and then add the green part and chili. Transfer to a bowl.
- Spread the pork into the same wok and cook on medium heat to render the fat. When one side is slightly golden, Stir to render the fat on the other side, too.
- Now add some minced garlic and chili and toss well for 30 seconds. Then add 1 tbsp fish sauce and a pinch of sugar, stir well. Add the scallion and chili back and take off heat. Till the pan to gather the fat to one side.
- Transfer the pork to a plate. Served with a sprinkle of black pepper on top. A bowl of hot steamed rice and some pickled mustard leaves or beanspouts.