Beef in Fermented Shrimp Paste Hot Pot – Bò Nhúng Mắm Ruốc
Beef in Fermented Shrimp Paste Hot Pot - Bò Nhúng Mắm Ruốc
By Helen Le Published: December 28, 2021
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 - 5 Servings
Beef in fermented shrimp paste hot pot is a specialty from Bình Dương. With the intensive flavor from the fermented shrimp paste combined with the fragrance lemongrass scent and the fatty and crispy pork rind, you’re going to be amazed with the flavor combinations.
- Cook the diced pork fat in a clay pot for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally stir to release the liquid fat. Transfer the crispy pork rinds into a small bowl.
- Into the remaining pot fat in the clay pot, add the minced lemongrass and diced onion and sauté until fragrant. Add a tablespoon of fermented shrimp paste (mắm ruốc). Stir well to combine, and then transfer one part of this sauce into a bowl.
- Add coconut juice into the clay pot. Also add the pineapple slices. Bring to a boil, then season with a teaspoon of sugar, half a teaspoon of salt, and a teaspoon of stock powder.
Skim off the foam, then add chili slices and the pork rind.
- For the sauce, squeeze out the juice from the chopped pienapple and combine with the sauce we reserved earlier. Add the chopped pineapple, some minced chilies.
- You will serve this with some thinly sliced beef and a platter of fresh herbs.
To serve, let the guests dip the beef into the hot pot, remove when the beef is no longer pink and roll it with fresh herbs in a piece of rice paper. Then dip into the amazing tasty sauce.
Beef in Fermented Shrimp Base Hotpot – Bò Nhúng Mắm Ruốc – Watch how to make it on Youtube