Baby Clams with Rice Cracker – Hen Xuc Banh Trang
Baby Clams with Rice Cracker - Hen Xuc Banh Trang
By Helen Le Published: September 20, 2013
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
This is a fun and appetizing snack that goes perfect with beer.
- 400 g baby clams (16 oz) frozen or canned, drained
- 100 g Vietnamese mint (rau ram) chopped
- 2 yellow onion 200g, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp spring onion (white part only)/garlic/lemongrass minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- Crushed peanuts, fried shallot
- 2-3 pcs sesame rice crackers or prawn crackers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok/pan and fry the minced spring onion (white part only)/garlic/lemongrass until fragrant. Then add the baby clams and stir well on high heat. Season to taste with chicken/pork stock, pepper, chili powder.
- Add the sliced onion and stir well until wilted and translucent. Then add fish sauce and turn off the heat. Add Vietnamese mint and give it a final toss.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with crushed peanuts and fried shallots. To make sesame rice cracker, microwave the sesame rice paper for 1 minute each side. Serve hot with rice cracker as an "edible spoon".
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!