Xôi lá dứa – Coconut pandan sticky rice
Xôi lá dứa - Coconut pandan sticky rice
By Helen Le Published: November 14, 2012
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Yield: 2 - 3 Servings
- Wash 2 cups of sticky rice and soak in water for at least 3 hours or better overnight.
- Drain and transfer to a rice cooker. Add salt, pandan extract, shredded young coconut, and coconut milk. Give it a good stir/ toss.
- Cook in the rice cooker until done. If the sticky rice isn't cooked through at the first attempt, fluff with chopsticks and cover the rice with a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Press the “cook” button to cook one more time.
- Crush the roasted sesame in a mortar and pestle. Then mix with sugar and salt.
- Fluff the cooked sticky rice and transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle some sesame mix on top and garnish with more shredded young coconut. (Try not adding the sesame mix when the rice is still hot, as the sugar will melt and become wet.)
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!