Crispy Rice – Cơm cháy
Recipe: Crispy Rice - Cơm cháy
By Helen Le Published: April 24, 2016
- 1st method: Heat a nonstick pan on medium, then add the cooked rice and use a rice ladle to spread it out into a thin disk.
- Dip the rice ladle occasionally into the bowl of cold water and then constantly press on the rice. Continue doing that for about 10-15 mins until the rice turns golden brown at the bottom. It's very golden and crispy.
- 2nd method: Wash a cup of sticky rice well, then soak in water for at least 1 hour. Toss with 1/4 tsp salt, then steam or cook in a rice cooker until done. Fluff well and spread it out into a thin disk on a plate. Dry it under the sun or put it into an oven at 100 degree C for 90 mins.
- Thinly slice some shallot and chop up some green onions. Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan and fry the shallot into golden, then add the chopped green onion.
- Mix 2 tbsp fish sauce with 1 tbsp sugar, then pour into the saucepan, also add some chili flakes or chili sauce. Simmer on low heat until the fish sauce thicken, then lower the heat and add some black pepper.
- Cut the dried sticky rice into pieces, then deep fry into golden brown. Spread a thin layer of the sauce on top and sprinkle with some pork floss or dried shrimp flakes.
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!