Sizzling Beef Steak – Bò né
Recipe: Sizzling Beef Steak - Bò né
By Helen Le Published: April 16, 2016
- Yield: 5 Servings
- In a bowl, season the minced pork with minced shallot and garlic (1 tbsp each), 1 tsp stock powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tbsp fish sauce. Mix well and set aside for 15 mins.
- Divide them into 10 equal portions, roll each portion into a nice ball. Place all the meat balls on a plate and steam for 15-20 mins until they're cooked through.
- Make the caramelized onion: cook the sliced onion in a pan with some oil and sugar. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 30 mins until the onion slices turn quite golden.
- Season the beef steaks with salt and pepper, some minced garlic, sesame oil, and oyster sauce. Set aside for 10-15 mins.
- Place a hot plate on high heat, add some oil. Then fry the beef steak for 30 seconds each side. Crack in an egg. Add a cube pork liver paté and some meat balls. Add some green onion, cilantro and some sweet caramelized onion on top.
- Serve with a plate of lettuce, cucumber, tomato slices and a baguette. Squeeze some hot sauce and soy sauce over to enjoy
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!