Lotus Rice – Cơm sen
Recipe: Lotus Rice - Cơm sen
By Helen Le Published: September 7, 2015
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Season the pork with 1 tsp minced shallots, some pepper and a tsp fish sauce. Mix well and set aside for 15 mins.
- Boil the lotus seeds for about 10 mins if you're using fresh lotus seeds. If you use dried ones, soak them in water for about 1 hour and cook for about 25-35 mins depend on the kind of lotus seeds you use.
Then drain and use the water to cook the rice.
- Heat a wok in medium heat and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Then fry the minced shallots until fragrant and stir-fry the pork. When the pork is no longer pink, add the mushrooms. Stir for 30 secs and add the rest of the vegetables and half of the lotus seeds. Save some to put on top of the package later. Add a tsp chicken stock. Also add the cooked rice and stir well.
- Place the lotus leaf in a bowl. Put the rest of the lotus seeds to the bottom of it, and top with the fried rice. Then wrap it up and put the rice package into the steamer and steam for about 10 mins. You can use aluminium foil instead of lotus leaf.
- Open the present and give it a try!
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!