Chicken salad – Gỏi gà bắp cải
Recipe: Chicken salad - Gỏi gà bắp cải
By Helen Le Published: September 17, 2015
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Rub the chicken with some salt and smashed ginger to remove the strong smell, then rinse the chicken inside out with water. Cook the chicken with 1 tsp salt and half a peeled onion for about 15 - 20 mins until it's cooked through
- Cut the onion into thin slices and soak into cold water. Cut the cabbage in quarters, then cut off the core at the 45 degree angle to create a base, to keep the cabbage piece stable when we shred it into strips
- When the chicken is cooked through, take it out and let it cool completely before we remove the skin and shred the chicken breast into strips.
- To make the salad dressing, in a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp sugar with 3 tbsp fish sauce. Also squeeze in 1-2 tbsp lime juice. Give it a good stir, then add minced garlic and chili.
- To assemble the salad, combine 1 cup shredded chicken with 3 tbsp dressings, some cracked pepper and lime leaves. Mix well and add 1 cup of shredded carrots, 1 cup of sliced onion and 2 cups of shredded cabbage. Add more dressing. Give it a good toss.
- Mix well and set aside until you serve. Have a taste and only add 1 - 1,5 cup of the chopped Vietnamese mints at the last step. Finally, add the crispy fried shallots. Transfer it to a serving plate, top with some fried shallots, cracked pepper and some chili.
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!