Imperial Omelette Roll – Chả phụng
Recipe: Imperial Omelette Roll - Chả phụng
By Helen Le Published: August 23, 2015
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Steam the vegetables for 5 mins or put it into a microwave for 3-5 mins to roughly cook them first
- Crack the 3 eggs into a bowl, then season with some salt and pepper and beat well
- Keep the pan on medium heat and add just a little bit of oil and use a piece of paper towel to wipe it off.
Pour the egg mixture and swirl the pan in a circular motion to cover the base and pour the remaining of the eggs out. Wait for about 5 secs when the edge of the omelette is losing out, you can flip it over for 1 second and then take it out. Then continue with the next omelette without using the oil again
- Scoop 1 tbsp pork paste and spread over the omelette sheet across the center. Take a piece of nori and place on top, then also spread another thin layer of the pork paste on top of the nori.
Take 2 strings of green beans, some carrot sticks and put on top. Spread one more thin layer on top to bind all the ingredients together.
Fold in half.
- Put 3 rolls into a steamer and steam for about 10 mins.
Take them out, let cool and cut into slices. You can use left over piece of omelette, cut into triangles and use them to decorate.
- This is such an amazing appetizer!
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!