Spicy Beef Curry – Cà Ri Bò Cay
Spicy Beef Curry - Cà Ri Bò Cay
By Helen Le Published: March 23, 2021
- Prep: 1 min
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 2 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings
This Thai style spicy beef curry gonna be star of your dinner especially during cold or rainy seasons. Very easy to make with simple ingredients but the result is so satisfying.
- 400 g beef
- 500 ml coconut milk/cream
- 4 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp fermented shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 200 g onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 chili
- 1 lemongrass
- 10 g ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- 2 shallots
- 3 tbsp oil
- 8 lime leaves
- 1/2 cup Asian basils
- 2 red/yellow bell pepper
- 2 eggplants
- Remove the seeds of the peppers and chop.
- Slice the ginger lemongrass green onion and garlic.
- Remove the stem of the lime leaves and
- Blend all in a blender with some salt, curry powder, cooking oil and juice of half a lime. Add 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk
to make the curry paste more creamy.
- Cut the beef into strips. Season with salt and pepper, stock powder and sweet condensed milk to tenderize the meat.
- Remove the seeds of the bell peppers and
cut into sticks.
- Cut the eggplant into 3-inch length
and then cut into edges. Soak the
eggplants in salt water to prevent
- Finely dice the onion. Add 3 tbsp of cooking oil in the pan and fry the onion until fragrant. Add the minced garlic and the curry paste and stir well for about 2-3 minutes to bring out the flavor.
- Add coconut milk and water and a tablespoon shrimp paste for more intense flavor. Bring to a boil.
- Add the beef and the bell peppers and the eggplant. Season to taste with fish sauce and
stock powder cook for another 3-5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Ladle the curry into the bowl and sprinkle with some chilies and ginger strips, add some basil leaves. You can serve this beef curry with some hot steamed rice vermicelli or bread.
Spicy Beef Curry – Watch how to make it on Youtube