Chè Bà Ba – Vietnamese Dessert Soup w/ sweet potato, cassava, coconut milk etc.
Recipe: Chè Bà Ba - Vietnamese Dessert Soup w/ sweet potato, cassava, coconut milk etc.
By Helen Le Published: January 18, 2015
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 15 mins
- Yield: 10 bowls
TIPS: - You should soak the peanuts overnight and cook until they are almost soft before adding to the soup. - Only add sugar …
- 300 g cassava peeled, cubed and soaked in water overnight
- 500 g sweet potato (or taro) peeled, cubed, then soaked in salted water
- 90 g peeled split mung beans soaked in water for 1h
- 80 g raw peanuts soaked overnight
- 3-4 pandan leaves or vanilla
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 50 g tapioca strips soaked in water 30 minutes
- In a small saucepan, add the raw peanuts and cook for about 15 minutes or until they are almost soft. In a larger pot, bring 2 liters of water to a boil, then add the soaked mung beans and cook for 10 minutes. Occasionally skim off the foam.
- Add the sweet potato cubes, cassava and taro. Also transfer the cooked peanuts into the large pot. Then add the tapioca strips. Cook 10-15 mins or until all ingredients are soft.
- Add sugar to your taste. Tie pandan leaves into a knot and throw into the sweet soup. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes under low heat. Then add 1 can (400ml) of coconut milk and turn off the heat. Finally add a pinch of salt. Add vanilla (if any) as last step.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and you will have a very colorful and super delicious bowl of dessert.
– You should soak the peanuts overnight and cook until they are almost soft before adding to the soup.
– Only add sugar when all ingredients are soft.
– Add coconut milk as a last step before turning off the heat. Do not overheating the coconut milk, otherwise it will separate.