MỨT CÀ RỐT – Candied Carrot
MỨT CÀ RỐT - Candied Carrot
By Helen Le Published: March 29, 2021
The red-orange color of the Candied Carrot looks very eye-catching. The light sweetness and fragrant aroma will make everyone fall in love, kids and adults alike.
- Trim into flower shape and cut into 2-mm slices.
- You will need 150 gram sugar for every 500 gram carrot. Combine and leave to soak until sugar dissolves completely. Add a pinch of salt.
- Extract the sugar syrup and transfer to a large wok. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat, for about 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the carrots and stir well.
- Add condensed milk and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 hours, until the sugar re-crystallizes and clumps of sugar should form on the surface of the carrot slices. Turn off the heat, continue to dry on the stove.
- Store the candied coconut in a dry airtight container at room temperature. You can dehydrate under the sun or in oven at 100°C for about 1 hour to dry completely for longer storage.
Mứt Cà Rốt or Candied Carrot – Watch how to make it on Youtube