String Bean and Bacon Salad – Salad Đậu Que Thịt Xông Khói
String Bean and Bacon Salad - Salad Đậu Que Thịt Xông Khói
By Helen Le Published: February 9, 2022
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 - 3 Servings
String bean and bacon salad is a very simple yet delicious dish, especially convenient for when you're in a rush, but still want something nutrious. Mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar give this dish a very nice balance of cheesy and sour flavors. This salad can be an appertizer, or a main dish for those who are on diet. You should definitely try it!
- Remove the stem ends of the string beans.
- Blanch the string beans in a large pot of salted hot water for about 30s. Then transfer to an ice water bath. Do the same with the shreded carrots.
- Strain the string beans. Finely slice on a bias.
- Cut bacon crosswise into 1-cm strips. Pan-fry until golden and crispy, then leave to cool.
- Keep the bacon fat in the same pan, add minced shallot and garlic and sauté till fragrant. Then strain them from the fat.
- Rinse and chop up the basil finely.
- To make the dressing: In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, sugar, pepper, olive oil, chopped basils and 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine string beans, carrots, bacons, shallot and fried onion and garlic. Add the dressing. Mix well.
String Bean and Bacon Salad – Salad Đậu Que Thịt Xông Khói – Watch how to make it on Youtube