Bò lúc lắc – Vietnamese Shaking Beef
Bò lúc lắc - Shaking Beef
By Helen Le Published: July 15, 2012
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
This dish gets its interesting name from the way it is cooked: shaking the beef in the wok.
- Marinate the beef with 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 tsp sugar, a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp soya sauce , 3 tbsp oyster sauce, ½ tsp pepper, 1 tbsp vegetable oil for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2-3 hours.
- Mix the sliced red onion with 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or a pan over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil and fry 1tsp minced garlic till gragrant. Toss in the marinaded beef and stir-fry until seared to your desired doneness. It should take a few minutes only. Don't overcook the beef.
- Transfer the beef to a plate lined with lettuce (or watercress) and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle more black pepper on top and garnish with the pickled red onions. Serve with hot steamed rice, tomato rice or French fries.
Currently, you can order Helen’s cookbook on amazon or you can order items that Helen often uses in the kitchen.
Since 2011, I've passionately shared my cooking videos on social media to help food lovers make mouthwatering authentic Vietnamese dishes at home. I've been featured in many prestigious magazines and TV shows, playing different roles like a character, guest, and even a cooking show host. I'm also a proud author of best-selling cookbooks that have made their way into kitchens all over the world. You can grab my cookbooks in English, Vietnamese, or Chinese from tons of online stores and bookshops worldwide. Let's cook up some tasty adventures together!